Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

do you think that people in modern society still try to seek out something bigger than ourselves?

Is the mystical journey to seek out something bigger than ourselves still relevant in the art, education, or popular culture of our modern world? 

Once you mention eternity as a real thing, I kind of think people feel obligated to investigate it. I mean, one lifetime doesn't seem like much in comparison. I think people are just quicker to realize people have been looking into this for a very long time, and well, we know how much there currently is to show for that effort. Some people might take an interest in religion, mythology, and ancient history as a result, but I can't blame anyone for stopping at a few internet searches and a book or two.

• Rick

Yes they do and it's because they need answers to things they can't answer or explain - death being one of them.

• amanda1 month agoReport

what examples can you give regarding our education, pop culture and art? like what are some examples in modern education, art and pop culture that show people still search for these answers?

Sure.  That's how so many get involved in New Age gobbledygook or follow phony-baloney gurus.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian

Dunno. But I wish others would realize theis world lacks social contracts (compassionate ones at least), and this a real degeneration of society world.