Doesn't the Bible say something like the faith of a mustard seed can move mountains? What does that mean?
That I can stand on mountaintops and command them to fly like Magneto did with the football stadium?
- MarcoLv 510 months agoFavourite answer
I thought it said that the faith of a mustard seed can make a tree uproot itself, walk like a human, and go swimming.
But I suppose that means you can do anything if you are a mustard seed. Well, are you a mustard seed?
- PubliusLv 710 months ago
If our faith is living, then yes we can accomplish miraculous things ... when the need arises. But the mountain has to need to be movied.
- 10 months ago
What that means is that even with the smallest amount of faith you can command any kind of mountain to move from here to there. If you believe and only believe, never doubting, all things are possible.
- HonestlyLv 710 months ago
Faith in Jesus Christ is such a simple, yet powerful thing. However, it does not come without effort. Faith or trust in God comes with the following principles:
1. We must choose to believe in God
2. We must come to know His true attributes (i.e. He is perfectly just, knows all things, cares about all people, will never ignore any act of faith (a prayer, repentance, service to others, etc.), is quick to forgive, and will never let us down, EVER).
3. We must come to know through the spirit that the course we are pursuing is in accordance to the will of God.
When we know that we are acceptable to God and that He will do for us whatever is right, then we have the confidence to ask and the deep assurance that we will receive. We will also trust in God's timing. Through experience, we come to know God and that He will never ignore us in any righteous cause. Then miracles happen and spiritual gifts are manifested.
"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Hebrews 11:6
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- UserLv 710 months ago
IF you have sufficient faith.
The mustard seed is a very small seed
Jesus was saying that it takes extremely little faith to move mountains.
- DonaldLv 610 months ago
ask as yourself and you may receive real help from us.
mountains = NATIONS
- since you ASKED.
be careful mocking GOD (a suggestion).
- PaulLv 710 months ago
It means that even a small amount of faith can accomplish great things, so imagine what strong faith can accomplish!
- Anonymous10 months ago
It means nothing, just like every other thing in the bible.
- Anonymous10 months ago
You won't know until you have faith of a mustard seed.