Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 12 months ago

Christians do you agree with Australia's new religion bill?

They just started a new law that allows religious members to discriminate against LGBT people.

It doesn't make much sense to me, but every organization has the right to its own membership rules.

If I owned a business and did not want to associate with sexually immoral people I should be able to avoid having them in my business - simple as that. Same goes for murders, thieves, liars, etc... What is truly sick is that these people think they should have the "right" to be sexually immoral and flaunt it. Judgment is coming soon, I hope many of them will repent.

• User

I guess I need more info.

In the U.S. discrimination is legal

and in fact a right protected by the Constitution

except

(loose interpretation)

in cases where someone is offering services to the public at large

- someone owns a business

- someone rents properties

etc.

In that case

the person is not allowed to discriminate regarding the offering of said services.

• Paul

How can they penalize people for a psychosocial disorder they didn't choose to have?

Uh huh. Where's the proof of that?

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • Rick

I'm not a religious person but that's crap.  It makes no rational sense that a God who loves all people, no matter who they are or how they are or what they believe would be against those who identify as LGBT.  That's not about God - it's about a group of people who have issues with their beliefs.  

The things that people have done while using religion as an excuse are sadly endless and all about humans - not God.  

They're one step closer to fascism.

Catholicism is the One True Faith and a person can know this with certainty by reciting the rosary every day with care and sincerity. People with homosexual tendencies are beloved children of God created in His image and likeness but there is no such thing as a valid homosexual marriage.

I know Islam IS controlling and hurtful; Christianity CAN be in the hands of controlling people.   It is NOT Christian to be hurtful but I don't know what you mean?

Segregation?   Areas they can't go?

I think it depends what LGBTQ are doing whether they are being hurtful to society. 

I don't approve of transgenders going into women's washrooms frightening little kids, making THEIR sexual identity unclear.

But I don't live there. 

You'll have to elaborate on exactly what it says, because the word "discriminate" is a meaningless word that is used by people that only want things their way in the world.  Such as, a Christian saying "homosexuality is a sin" would be called "discrimination" by these sad people.  These sad people can't handle anyone disagreeing with them.