Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 months ago

Will our sins and negative experiences  be remembered in heaven ?

I don't want to be reminded of the bad treatment I've had etc .  For example  my ex had an abortion against my will. Now In heaven am I going to have to explain that child that I'm with in heaven is a result of this girl making a terrible descion etc I already cba and it sounds dim.

I can imagine people oh is this your wife child no it's from my ex or how were they comvieved ? Etc etc it sounds so dim I hate explaining stuff on earth nevermind heaven 

We will be like Jesus. 

Jesus remembers everything. If he didn't, he wouldn't be himself.

While we will remember the negative things of this life, we will have an eternal viewpoint on them. This means we will see how everything happens for a reason. How each piece of the puzzle matters. Why the bad things had to happen...

I don't think they will come to mind very often. We shall have physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health. Jesus will dry every tear, after all. We shall all be well adjusted and at peace.

Only those left unrepented. God judges us for all our unrepented sins. When we repent of them, he completely removes them from his log books. 

Psa 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord

We will see everything we said and did in our lives in a moment's time. Then judgment, and then all the things you are concerned about will be gone never to be remembered again.

• Hiya

The Bible doesn’t answer all our questions about heaven, but no, you shouldn’t worry about this or imagine that you’ll be embarrassed when you meet people you once knew here on earth.

One reason is because in heaven we’ll be completely changed. In fact, the Bible says that in heaven we’ll be perfect, because we will be like Christ. But so will everyone else! If someone was angry with us because of something we did, in heaven all that anger will be gone. If we hurt someone by what we said or did to them, all that will be past, and we’ll rejoice together in God’s forgiveness and grace. Then, the Bible says, “we shall be like him (Christ), for we shall see him as he is” (1 John 3:2).

The greatest truth about heaven is that we will be in the presence of God forever. And just as there will be no more death or physical pain in heaven, neither will there be any heartache or emotional pain, including shame and embarrassment. Instead, our focus will be on God and His glorious grace to us.

Has the truth of Christ’s forgiveness taken root in your heart and mind? Make sure that your faith and trust are in Him, and Him alone, for your salvation. Then thank Him every day that the past is now forgiven, and ahead of you is heaven. Take heart in God’s promise that “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more” (Hebrews 10:17).

-taken from BillyGraham.com