Toilet suddenly became clogged?

I have been plunging and nothing comes up but when I flush it stays clogged. I tried doing hot water still clogged. What can be going on if I am plunging and nothing comes up . ..but still clogged

• roger

Use a  toilet   auger.  Much  cheaper than  hiring a plumber.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Peerless-Homeowner-Toil...

IF BEING DIRTY MANLY ,EATING SH IT OFF TOILET TO UNCLOG IS TOO

I strive to have nothing come UP, but for all of it to go down.

Gravity is a killer.

Call for the services of a plumber.

You have a kids toy in the commode. Or you dropped a comb or the tweezers. Try the auger next. If that doesn't work, take off the commode and look for what is obstructing. A garden hose and water can do a lot easy.

any other drains in the house having a problem? if not, then there is something farther down the toilet that you aren't getting out. it's a handyman job, not a plumber job ... so far

Source(s): grampa

try baking soda and acid flush

What can be going on

It is CLOGGED. That is actually a COMPLETE answer to the question you asked.

The question you DID NOT ask is how to unclog it. That requires actually locating the clog and physically removing it. A 'snake' is the fist step most people can use. If that fails, you need to get inside the drain pipe. Most plumbers have cameras that can be fished into the drain to actually see what the problem is, and more importantly WHERE it is.

• Nunya

Plunge with force and speed. Continue for a good 20 seconds and then see if it goes away on its own.