Have you ever been scared of going to Hell?

It’s terrifying to me to know that after I die, I might go to Hell and I’ll be tormented there for the rest of eternity.

Yes because they are sins in my life I commit

No. To show the hell is not a place of fire and torment the tell of hell being destroyed by fire. 

King James Version

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. This is symbolic since we know that death can not burn nor hell. This simply mean they will be destroy.

Oh, yes. It's still an open question in my case.

Do your best to be good and you don't need to be afraid of hell.

• d00ney

Most people who believe in hell, also believe that they are not going. As far as I am aware there are three groups that preach eternal damnation, fundamental Christians, Catholics, and Muslims. The main thrust is if you do not listen and believe what they say you will go to hell.

Of these three I would count myself among the fundamental Christians. However, I am not aware at any time of any of the Apostles indulging in hell fire preaching. The problem is not so much hell or eternal damnation, but our understanding of what is intended and what it entails. Suffice it to say that there is no scripture that says fear hell.

What are you fearing if you fear hell, your imagination, or scary stories. What there is, is to fear God. Yes God can send you to hell, and if Jesus says God can send body and soul to hell then there is a hell, but the message is to fear God.

That is what is important.  

In 1 John {4:17} In this way, the love of God is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence on the day of judgment. For as he is, so also are we, in this world.

{4:18} Fear is not in love. Instead, perfect love casts out fear, for fear pertains to punishment. And whoever fears is not perfected in love.

{4:19} Therefore, let us love God, for God first loved us. 

What then is important is to know the love of God, and the love of God is seen in the crucifixion of Jesus, and the power of God is seen in the resurrection of Christ.

As the Lord himself says in John {3:14} And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert, so also must the Son of man be lifted up,

{3:15} so that whoever believes in him may not perish, but may have eternal life.”

Moses lifted up a brass snake, because the people were being bitten and dying from snake bites. Any one bitten who looked at the brass snake was cured. This, of course, he did under God’s instruction. The people recognised their sin to do as they would and not as God instructed. The second thing is that a person who had been bitten would not be able to do anything for themselves. The snake speaks of sin, the cross speaks of sin. It is up and personal. It is my sin. You have to take it for yourself that Jesus is there where you should be.

Back to John’s epistle again, 1John {2:1} My little sons, this I write to you, so that you may not sin. But if anyone has sinned, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ, the Just One.

{2:2} And he is the propitiation for our sins. And not only for our sins, but also for those of the whole world.

In our culture we do not have propitiation, but we do have compensation. It is the idea of putting things right, that of an appeasement, but propitiation, along with atonement involved blood sacrifice. Sin costs a life. That is the point anyone who sins is under condemnation. Not as some of us would have it, anyone who does not follow our branch of religion. The usual mode is for the offender to provide compensation but in the good news of God it is God himself who provides the propitiation.

! John {4:10} In this is love: not as if we had loved God, but that he first loved us, and so he sent his Son as a propitiation for our sins.

What we do is we turn to God from our sins, what is bad, unwholesome, wrong, to what is good, to what is right and to what is holy.

The atheists have a message, do not worry because there is no God. You can dismiss it all as superstition. Or you can turn to God who is love, who is light and who is holy.

John {3:16} For God so loved the world that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that all who believe in him may not perish, but may have eternal life.

{3:17} For God did not send his Son into the world, in order to judge the world, but in order that the world may be saved through him.

• Paul

No, because I am following the road to Heaven, as Jesus described it. Not perfectly of course. God doesn't expect perfection from humans who are imperfect.

• 1 month agoReport

Yes he does!  Jesus said to be perfect so your going to hell!!!

No. There's no reason for me to go to hell.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian

We all are so sinful that it takes something like this to turn us to God for salvation.

It is a sad truth that illuminates our state.

• yesmar

When I was young and before I knew better, yes.

Source(s): Jesus follower
  • That’s the Holy Spirit convicting you. Some people will go through life with no thought of hell and they’ll fall into hell like falling into a cavern. Will be a total frightening surprise. So the Holy Spirit is saying I love you please change some things in your life, you can do it. Though it may seem scary that’s God directing you to change/repentance if you listen to the Holy Spirit. So it’s actually a blessing you are being given. A warning but a blessing. A warning to change while you have time. Learn some prayers, create a prayer life

• 1 month agoReport

LMAO!!!

Nope, Hell, Michigan is pretty nice in the summer, cold in winter tho.

• Cruz

Lol