Brock asked in SportsWrestling · 9 months ago

Wrestling: Where is all this claim that AEW is beating WWE?

Yeah, y'all are beating WWE's D-League show, it's like if NBA Game beat an MLB AAA Baseball game in ratings. But if you compare AEW's rating to Raw and SD's ratings, AEW is clearly losing that battle. IMO, if AEW truly wants to believe they can beat WWE, they need to expand their fanbase and attract more viewers. Just focusing on a niche target audience is clearly showing y'all that you're going no where. They should also add more TV shows in order to properly compete with WWE.

• adam

AEW is better in my opinion than NXT RAW and SMACKDOWN combined. Its not PG . Its not aimed at kids. Its much more adult with its language . Best of all No Vince Mcmahan 

• Both companies have had good weeks and bad weeks and how they do in the ratings has in part depending on what College Sports, Professional Sports and Regular Programs are on during those time slots. While your crowing about Monday Night Raw, Monday Night Football has been pounding them. While your crowing about Smackdown, they are going against The NBA on ESPN and other programming.

Apparently it has  been beating NXT.

People watch AEW, I hear absolutely nobody even reference the company since it became clear All Elite is just a TNA knock-off hiring ex-WWE guys to whine about 'The McMahon Machine' even when it clearly makes no sense like Jack Swagger saying 'We The People' was stupid even though that was the most over he's ever been in his whole career and his own DUI sidelined it all.  I've heard more people talk about Finn Balor's push in NXT, yeah...

• Hector

AEW sucks because they do not spend the first 20 minutes doing scripted promos written by brilliant writers. They also do not have main event tag matches featuring people who are facing off in the upcoming ppv. They also do not remind us about upcoming ppv every 5 minutes. How in hell am I supposed to know about the upcoming ppv when they do not constantly remind me about it? They also never show replays of stuff that happened 20 minutes ago. This causes me to forever forget what happened in the opening 20 promo segment. None of the sports entertainers have catchphrases like Seth "burn it down." So kewl. I really love it when Michael Cole says "It's Bosstime" because it makes my dick erect every. And the champ is on every episode. He is going to get tired. WWE forces Brock Lesnar to sit at home and get his rest so he won't get injured. I could go on but now I am tired

Head to head against NXT, AEW supposedly have  more viewers. That’s a major victory considering that no wrestling promotion has even been competitive against WWE since WCW went down. Nobody expects AEW to even put up a fight much less beat NXT. 

The tables have turned on McMahon