Hal asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 10 months ago

Is it possible for someone with Diagnosed Dyscalculia to get a degree in a science field invovling animals.  ?

I have pretty severe dyscalculia. I have trouble even being able to do any type of pre-algebra it is thought to be because it messes with my dyslexia that is pretty much under control from years of specialized reading/writing training. I can do basic math well and have no problems understanding some stuff like percentages and fractions. I genuinely can't get any better than I already am. I have tried very hard for years and I have had several teachers and tutors that have said that they didn't think I could as well even with how hard they were trying to teach me and how hard I tried to learn. 

I am way above average in comprehension and retention of what I read and factual information though. As in, when I got tested, I topped the charts so I remember as long as it isn't math, everything I read, like everything. I know a ridiculous amount about just about anything to do with animals, ecosystems, plants, evolution, and dinos/paleo era animals. I am pretty much obsessed and always have been. So much so I usually can flesh out an animal accurately by looking at bones alone. (I am in a Scientific Illustration focus degree right now with a minor in animal-focused natural science as it was the only way I could think of to get a degree without needing Algebra.) I am very dedicated.

Anyway, I was wondering if there was anyway possible for me to be able to use my natural science degree to get a masters in something animal-related, maybe even focusing on animal evolution?

Thank you.

I did without any math skills needed.  Go for it.