Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 8 months ago

Why my mom put so much pressure on me to be thin? ?

I was fat in teen years and all my mom did was insult me and we fight about it a lot. I was 20 pounds overweight and I was OK with myself, but mom told me no man want fat woman. Even after I  Iost weight, my mom put pressure on me to wear pretty clothes and do my hair. She thinks I get a man like this. 

Well you may have been OK with yourself even being 20 pounds overweight, but being overweight has serious health risks associated to it, especially childhood/teen obesity. Your mother was probably just trying to look out for you, however her approach was probably wrong. Insulting and fighting is not the healthiest way to encourage someone to lose weight.

she was the cook so its her fault u were heavy. Sounds like whatever u do is not good enough for her. From now on ignore all her negativity. She's not happy and she wants u to be the same.

• Murzy

A parent only wants what is best for their child. She was doing what she thought was best for you.