Ellie asked in HealthMental Health · 8 months ago

how to i tell my mum i have depression ??

so basically i did a really shitty thing a few months back (October 2019) where i went on a date and decided it would be cool to drink some vodka. this ended up in me not coming home until four in the morning, and the police being called. but at the end of that story i have been punished and i accepted what i have been punished for and have learnt from my mistakes. now it is December 2019 and im still being punished. after the first month of being grounded i started to feel really isolated and i was loosing all my friends and close people in my life. i decided to go to the doctors so that o could talk about my mental health. i explained the whole situation to the doctor and she asked me some questions about my feeling and everything. at the end of this she had basically told me that my mum isolating me and being very upset with me had given me depression. i know that it is all my fault but idk how to tell her how the situation is effecting my mental state. i have to hide my pills and act like everything is ok, when its not. 

can anyone help ???  

write it , proof read, send it by whatsapp, and see the responds

I don't fully understand. 

You say that you are STILL being punished......how?

Secondly, you confirm that your doctor has diagnosed depression and you are on appropriate medication that you have to hide from your mother.

Look, the incident is over, you've been punished and you've learned a lesson from this.  It's done.  So does your mother still isolate you from friends?  Is it all of your friends or just some of them?

Look, your doctor has diagnosed you with a situational depression and has even prescribed for you.....what more proof does your mother need that you are suffering from depression?

Do you think she will BLAME YOU FOR YOUR DEPRESSION when she is the one causing it?

The American Medical Association has declared that depression is a disease and like any other disease it responds well to therapies and medications.  And like any other disease it can be terminal if not treated or under treated.

If your mother loves and cares about you she will want you to be well.

Please make another appointment to talk to your doctor about this.

maybe you should have your doctor talk to her about it

• Tavy

Big thing you missed out was your age, but whatever it is your Mother is out of order.

You need to be firm and sit down with your Mother and talk this out, you need a social life and have paid for your mistake.

UK