Is it fair for a manager to be included in tips?

I work at a small bakery. Making below minimum wage. I work with a few other teens as well and we have a tip jar. The tips are okay around 10$ each a shift. The problem is that there is an unspoken rule my manager is to be included. I feel this is unfair because when we are there she never helps up front she is always in the back. What should i dont in this situation. I feel i worked hard to earn the tips and she shouldn’t be included since she didn’t earn them and she is much older and probably makes more money.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • D
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

her shop, her rules. sorry kiddo

• 8 months ago

Yup, it's fair.  If you don't like it, quit.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

< Making below minimum wage >

Instead of worry about $10 from tips, why aren't you asking why you aren't making minimum wage?

• edward
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You manager has probably been there before. Managers work harder than anyone else. My manager is always stressed out and the papers on her desk are always stacked a mile high

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • God
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

It is strictly forbidden in the US for supervisors or managers taking part of the tips from the hour workers' tip jar. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Sure because a manager is there managing and doing a lot of work too.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.