Javi asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 months ago

Why do conservatives get triggered so easily when you mention the word 'socialism'?

lol

maybe they dont like that word

If you knew anything about Venezuela and what Socialism did to that once great country, then you would know.

Same reason liberals get triggered so easily when I mention the word "capitalism".

Well, at least we know what it is.

Well I am libertarian, but for me it is because I work hard for what I have. The choices I have made in my life have led me to where I am today. I have made choices that have hurt me, and ones that have helped me. But They are all mine. I have abused my body with alcohol, food, and just stupidity. I have wasted money on a college degree I knew I was not going to use, i have bought cars i could not afford, and blown savings on a motorcycle. 

These choices are mine, and the consequences are mine. Socialism takes away my responsibility for my choices and makes them everyone else's problem. Socialism takes away my ability to make better choices and succeed and build wealth for myself. Socialism is a theory of envy and greed. It cries out like a petulant child stomping their feet saying THAT'S NOT FAIR!

Well little guy, life is not fair. Socialism brings everyone down, slows the work drive, and kills everything it touches. I will never understand how a system that has been tried and failed so so so many times still holds such a place in the imaginations of youth. 

It's just alarming the number of idiotic youth this country has allowed to fester. Capitalism is the greatest economic system the world has ever known. Period. It's a system that with effort and some smart decision making can lead you into a life of luxury. It does not however work for those who don't want to work. And here lies the problem young buffoons have with it.

• Zirp

Because they have no idea about what the word actually means.

There's no point in discussing socialism if you don't give your definition of it first

It causes us to think about liberals who infest the US.

How about when I say, Legal gun owners??????

Poop your panties, huh?

• Mike

It  reminds Me of East Germany   where it  failed  and the leaders lived  like  kings