Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 months ago

Most nations have voted to end their monarchy, and slavery.  Can Americans vote to end capitalism? Will it take a civil war?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Lol I have to laugh, because this is the sort of ignorant pie-in-the-sky Marxist rhetoric that could only come from the ivory tower of a university campus these days, and would just be laughed out of town if anybody said it in the real world.

You think the people will vote to end a system that has dragged more people around the world out of poverty than any other? I encourage you, if you have the guts, to run for President on a platform of "ending capitalism". Go on, do it and see how many votes you'll get. I hope you don't mind us all laughing at you then.

How do slavery and monarchy have anything to do with America today? Slavery has been illegal throughout the western world for many many years. And America hasn't been a monarchy for nearly 250 years, in case you haven't noticed. Those countries that are still monarchies though (except for the Arab absolute monarchies like Saudi Arabia) are some of the most prosperous and stable democracies in the whole world: eg. Sweden, the Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, Spain, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada.

• 8 months ago

End capitalism?  Only an idiot would suggest it.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Crony capitalism? Laissez-faire is voluntary. Besides, who is going to win a war: 1) people who support the second amendment or 2) People who oppose it?

It'll be the shortest civil war ever.

• 8 months ago

i would hope there wont be a war over anything, i hate wars

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

There is nothing wrong with capitalism.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

"Can Americans vote to end capitalism?"

Not before they agree on what to replace it with

"Will it take a civil war?"

No, but pretending that it does is a convenient excuse to stay capitalist

• 8 months ago

Free enterprise cannot end. There will always be a service available and a person willing to pay for the service. Barber shops and beauty parlors practice fee enterprise. Can you imagine state government employees cutting hair for a fee that is inflated.

• 8 months ago

If it gets to that point, those on the left better prepare for the grave.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Capitalism is non-oppressive so there is no reason to vote it down. In fact, every nation except for Cuba and North Korea has it right now.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I guess not.  They're hoping for a civil war, not a civil society 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.