At how many weeks did you feel baby move?

I am a mother of 2 and currently preggo with my 4th pregnancy. Our 3rd pregnancy ended when we found that our baby had no heartbeat at our 18 week checkup. I remember with my first I started feeling the movements around 20 weeks which is pretty normal for a new mom. With my second I started feeling movement around 16 weeks and with my 3rd pregnancy I started at around 14 weeks. Now I realized a day before we found out about our lost that baby hadn't been moving and this time I havent really felt baby move. I am 15 weeks and sometimes I feel some flutter but it's not every day and I dont even know if it is the baby or maybe ga(I've had a lot of gas this pregnancy sorry TMI)

Dont know it its normal that I felt the last 2 earlier but not this one.

Update: Thank you everyone for their answers. You were all right and alive started to feel baby move so much as I hit the 16 weeks. I am 17 weeks.today and baby is moving around a lot.

Favorite Answer

It's totally normal to not yet feel movement at 15 weeks, whether it's your first or twelfth pregnancy.   It has nothing to do with how many times you've been pregnant, it's about the position of the baby and the uterus.  Some placements are easier to feel than others. I've had six full term pregnancies, I felt them all at different times.  My sixth one actually being one of the later ones I felt.

• Edna

I got pregnant with my first child some time in May. I didn't feel my baby's first tiny movements until some time in September. I guess that would be around 16 weeks pregnant. At first, I didn't recognize that what I was feeling was the baby's first movements - I thought it was just 'air bubbles' in my stomach. 

I felt my baby move around 25 weeks. She is my first child so they say you feel things later on during your pregnancy instead of sooner.

Please don't get too anxious about this. Have you talked to your doctor? Have you had an ultrasound? The doctor can listen for a heartbeat or do an ultrasound. My sister had a similar thing- a baby whose heart stopped, and the doctor told them the baby had died. Then she had two perfectly healthy children. So there's no reason to believe that because this happened to you once, it will happen again. 

At 7 or 8 weeks she moved. Not very much but I could feel gentle little flutters.  I know it was her as the movements got stronger and more frequent.

https://youtu.be/WH9ZJu4wRUE

Youtube thumbnail

• LizB

First baby I had anterior placenta and didn't feel him move until 21-22 weeks. Second baby I had a normally placed placenta, and started feeling her around 18ish weeks.