Teri C asked in HealthMental Health · 12 months ago

Are there different levels of bi polar disorder ?

Yes, absolutely.  I work with women who have C-PTSD;PTSD, BPD, MDD(Major Depressive Disorder) and BD(BipolarDisorder) with severe co-occurring

symptoms.

First thing to understand.  It is absolutely over diagnosed especially with women in the US/UK:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC28611...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18466044

https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/...

I can supply a lot more studies if wanted. Doctors (especially male) found they could label women then medicate them.  Lithium saled 90s-2000s till recent increased 500%.

Bipolar is frequently misdiagnosed.  It is really C-PTSD or BPD (other things).

There is:

Bipolar I disorder

Bipolar II disorder 

Cyclothymic disorder

Rapid-cycling

"Mixed features"It could be 1, 2 or a combination of the above.  We know BD (BipolarDisorder) is more intense and severe with women over men - Our brains/bodies are just not the same.Does 7 shots of tequila impact us all the same or are there different levels?  If the same person punched me you and 5 other people in the face the same way do we experience pain differently?Yes, of course we do.  Biology (Hormones) Neurochemistry (Brain Chem), Blood Flow, Brain Structure all these are different in different people.If you were diagnosed properly you could experience it much worse than someone else.  While that is not great, it is what should and what we expect will happen - it does.Listenforyou@protonmail.com

Well there’s bipolar 1 and bipolar 2. The main difference is bipolar 1 there’s full blown mania rather then hypomania like In bipolar 2 . The moods last a little longer in bipolar 1 then bipolar 2 also . The difference between hypo mania and full blown is somebody with full blown mania will not sleep for DAYS. They start to hear voices and have strange delusions and hallucinations . They’ll tell you crazy things like that they’ll be a singer on broadway when they can’t sing at all etc . Hypomania they may not sleep for a few days they’ll be extremely happy etc . But they won’t hear voices have the strange thoughts etc . Defeinetly consult a doctor though . People with untreated bipolar disorder are very likely to hurt themselves Or others when in an elavted mood they’re also more likely to kill themself when manic rather then when there depressed despite most people not knowing that fact it’s the truth .

• Kate

Yes varying grades but please ask a qualified person, not on this site.

There's either super crazy or not AS crazy (but still crazy).  There is no in between.

I reckon yes. u get people up and down all the time. I have only had one hyper manic episode in my life

Yes there are. I'm not a medical doctor but I strongly advise that you learn how to treat your bipolar depression your own self instead of taking the drugs that the doctors want to give you those drugs make you feel like a zombie and you wind up not getting any work done. I found out with my own bipolar depression that you can treat your own depression by taking a depressant when your on the low side and by taking a stimulant when you're on the high side I found out that a perfect combination is when you're feeling down don't take a stimulant instead take yourself some red kratom. When you're on the manic side drink coffee people that are bipolar have a tendency to react opposite. And the drugs that the doctors give you like depakote and Seroquel have a tendency to actually make it worse. You wind up dependent on the drug. But if you try what I just told you you can actually heal your bipolar depression I did it's been 32 years now since I was diagnosed and I haven't had any problems.

Everyone has different symptoms and different severity of symptoms. Bipolar disorder is diagnosed if a person has at least one manic episode - at least, that's how it used to be. You would have to research it to find out.

take care

Not "different levels", but there's bipolar I and bipolar II and either can range from mild to extreme.

there are two types as far as i know, hope this helps.

anything is possible, i would ask your doctor about it