aiste asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

Fluent speakers of English, could you help me with my English?

I need to translate a paragraph but my English is not very good. Should I change this paragraph to make it sound more natural? I know the ideas are kinda random but I have to make an exact translation. I would be very grateful for any answers.

Frank Nowak was “one of those people whose energy was so intense that, even under greatest pressure, it never subsided and never ended.” In 1812, he became a member of the Freemasons’ lodge and made an even greater name for himself among various social classes of the region, and, as it has already been mentioned, in 1814 “he focused his civic zeal, or, if you will, patriotic morality, on the education of youth."

(the phrases in quotation marks are taken from authentic sources).

Favorite Answer

Reads absolutely fine to me. If your quotes are taken from sources there's no need to change them, and everything in between is faultless.

Frank Nowak was “one of those people whose energy was so intense that, even under the greatest pressure, it never subsided and never flagged.” In 1812, he became a member of the Freemasons’ Lodge and made an even greater name for himself among various social classes of the region, and as has already been mentioned, in 1814 “he focused his civic zeal, or, if you will, patriotic morality, on the education of youth."   

• aiste1 month agoReport

This should have been the best answer, sorry I picked the top answer so early :/

I am from England and only American leftists would correct this

What are you talking about? Your English is fine.

it sounds okay to me