shiara asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

I want to lose 120 pounds because I am tired of always being tired?! Help! ?

I have very abused past so I end up depressed but anyway it sis my fault plus my sister’s family had a very stressful situation that I have to help her she ate a lot and ate with her so we now morbidly obese I know is my and only fault and I really want to change for my kid and myself 

• Kyle

good for you.  it's great you want to lose weight for yourself and your child.  use that as motivation going forward.  

patience and consistency is key with weight loss.  some people need a year or more before they see significant change.  een if you aim to lose a pound a week (which is considered healthy), that's 52 pounds for the year.  so keep that in mind.

See a doctor.  get a physical.  it's always good to do that first, especially if it's been more than a year since your last one.  express your weight loss goals and come up with a realistic plan.

get a calorie counter app.  find one that breaks down nutrients to fine tune your diet.  counting calories is important, but you still need to eat the RIGHT foods as well.  you can ask your doctor what to focus on eating, how much, and what to watch for.  there are also a ton of articles online as well you can study up on.  2000 calories per day is considered normal.  so take what you eat normally each day, whether it's 2000, 2500, 3000, etc, then just try cutting back by 500 each month.  do portion control.  eat more smaller meals throughout the day so you're not starving yourself in between meals.

join a gym.  i go to planet fitness and it's $10 / month.  even with a $39 annual fee, it's still very affordable.  if you need a gym with day care, go to those places and ask for a trial.  people of all sizes go to the gym.  so you shouldn't feel self conscious.  people just go and work out, then leave.  some gyms have group classes or one on one training.  look into joining those.  meet new people.  if it's nice outside where you live, go out for a walk for 30 minutes everyday.  

it won't happen over night.  it's a life style.  start little by little, then gradually increase, and you'll see results.  good luck. 

Maybe someday mommy gonna tie you to a campfire to roast it off you

It is great that you realize it..there are many ways to do it.. Drinking a lot of water is a good way and moving very late there is also this http://healtylifenow.com/freepresentation I hope it will help you

Try a sugar free diet.Good luck.

• k w

then try just eating fresh, non-processed foods, it's the processing that slowly saps energy, and there are no healthy quick fixes, try on the weekend first.......if you like it, slowly figure out how to do it at work, THEY do sell prepackaged fruits in real juice not sugar water, and easy to carry too ! that will help......

A lot of far people are having success on ketogenic , not to call you that ! 

I have a plan that will help over night. Just cut off your legs, if that doesn't work, try an arm or two. Even then if you still havn't reached 120, cut off your head.

relax chill set out a realistic plan

Other people aren't responsible for someone's weight problem -- unless a parent feeds a child a bunch of fattening, unhealthy food which causes the child to become obese, then it's the parent's fault.

Maybe your sister could try the Ketogenic way of eating?

just eat low fat and exercise more