Can someone please explain the appeal of reaction videos?

I don't understand it at all, and I've tried to watch them several times. "Oh wow. She's surprised at that stunt. He's disgusted at that gross video. That's so intriguing." I'm not trying to be mean but I don't understand what the fascination is with seeing someone laugh at a comedy routine, or be grossed out by something. Maybe I'm just not as fascinated by people as the normal person. I typically end up watching the video in the corner that they're reacting to. Does anyone else feel this way? 

I enjoy watching people I know react at certain things, like being surprised at a surprise party, or seeing them opening gifts, but not strangers watching a video. What exactly is the appeal?

Favorite Answer

It's almost like validation. You can watch something yourself and see if someone else thinks the same things about it that you do. So if you were watching something funny, and someone else finds it funny, you almost laugh with them? Like pack mentality kind of stuff, just sharing a moment with someone even though you have no idea who they are. Not sure the depths of it, but that's the impression I get

• Bleep1 month agoReport

Probably, if you're not interesting in seeing if others agree I can see why it wouldn't appeal to you

That's only to get people to watch.

Several times after I've watched media that no one IRL I know likes, I've watched reaction videos to see what other people think. I'd actually prefer a good text based discussion...but gone are the days of usenet. At least there's reddit.

Someone smart once said a picture is worth

A million words, therefore a movie is worth trillions

Of words, wouldn’t you agree?

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) General knowledge

I can say for me i have no friends and its nice to feel like im reacting and laughing with someone. 

And people can say funny / new things in a reaction that you never would think of yourself.

• Ya I hear you but. I don't have any friends either but I still don't really care about people's facial expressions during a video. I like to hear their thoughts after watching a video but as far as watching their face I just can't get into that.

I love reaction videos i feel like someone understands me I feel like I'm sharing something I hate or love with someone.. I enjoy seeing someone comment on something I'm passionate about.... 

• Hmmmmm, I can see that to a degree but typically I don't care about a stranger's facial expressions. I guess that's why I can't get into them. I enjoy hearing people verbally comment on videos, after they watch them, but as far as watching their face while the video is playing, I don't see the point

• I think it's so that the viewer can relate to the reacter and be like "wow that guy thinks just like me!" or "damn i didn't think about that" and gain a new perspective on a familiar topic

La ma fe jem3a I don't