Hearing higher pitch in one ear?

So last week on Monday I was ill with a cold, standard business, just a sore throat and a lot of coughing and blocked nose.

Anyway, on the Friday morning I woke up basically deaf in one ear. It turned out that I had a mad amount of earwax in my ear (gross, I know), so this Friday just gone I had it syringed, basically jet-washed. I'd been deaf in my right ear for an entire week despite using ear drops before I had the chance to get it sorted, but luckily the syringing fixed it and now I've got my hearing back. Problem is, my right ear is hearing sound at a higher pitch than my left ear. It's a bit too obvious to ignore, and it's making things sound distorted, I can hear a higher pitched echo after every noise. It happens when people talk to me as well as listening to music. It's throwing me off a bit because I just feel uneven. Has anyone else had this? Do you think it might just be my ear getting used to sound again after being deaf for a week or might the mad clog of wax have messed my ear up somehow? 

check your ears, may need to be manually cleaned

maybe you should go see your doctor and get your ears checked

Go to the doctor again. It may need more cleaning or have trapped fluid.

See a doctor...