Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

How can I cope 😞?

I usually don’t do this. But I’m in such a high state of depression, I need to get this off my chest and need pointers on how to cope. I lost my mother 10 years ago, I was only 11. I really didn’t understand back then but now it seems as if it gets harder by the day. My mother was my bestfriend, my everything and I knew if nobody loved me, she definitely did. Due to this, I had to grow up quick, mature quick, had to bump my head to learn right from wrong on my own. I’ve been homeless, beat, raped, taken advantage of by past ex’s. I lost my only child due to a miscarriage, and dealt with that alone. I sulk all day, everyday. If I’m by myself, I start to overthink and get stuck right on my mom. Then I fall into depression. I don’t have any family nor friends I can go to for anything. I work, I finished school. I did everything my mom wanted me to. I just cannot cope with the fact that she’s gone. Please help me 😪

I'll show you an answer that was rated Best, 5 Stars, by someone who felt hopeless. It has information about a variety of things - the standard treatments with office visits and the self-help methods that can enhance their results.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20181...

Treatment usually begins by seeing the GP, who can give you a physical and a referral. I mention referral because just a bottle of pills is not a very good approach.

The things you'd want to tell the doctor are how you feel at different times of day, any symptoms you might have such as change in appetite or sleep, and things in your life affecting how you feel.

If you're depressed, I can't tell you exactly what you need. There's no one size fits all solution. I can tell you though that there's a variety of things that can help, some of them very low-cost and low-risk. 

i'm really sorry over what you've been through, i believe you need some sort of therapy to help you come to terms with the loss, please reach out, best of wishes.

• Tavy

Easy thing to say but you need bereavement counselling, it's not too late for this.

Talk to your Doctor.