Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

My 15-year-old daughter just told me that it must be sad to peak during high school. Should I be worried that she thinks like that?

She is a nerd and doesn't care to fit in with the popular crowd. She also is in the marching band.

Favorite Answer

Good for her! It IS sad when people peak in high school. You see them at reunions- the shining stars who went on to live boring lives. Nothing wrong with band nerds- some of us do very well after high school. 

• edward

High school is a bridge. College is the line up. Regardless of what she might think high school is what the real world is like. People form cliques, there are bullies and there are the outcasts. If she doesn’t want to hang out with other people she won’t go far in the real world. High school is the minor leagues of real life

Sorry, troll but nerds are now cool thanks to Big Bang Theory. My local high school marching band members are not known to be nerds they are pretty popular.

Was she talking about herself, or just in general?