Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 month ago

Currently having a panic attack as I type this? When will it stop? ?

I'm really scared I'm having some kind of heart attack/severe anemia. Shaking, breathing rapidly, adrenaline in heart, faint feelings, body feeling, headache and a scary feeling that I'm dying! Also very drowsy and in the run up to this feeling I had been feeling depressed and lonely (recently moved to a new city) My number 1 fear is passing out and then not waking back up again. This is a horrible feeling and I want it to stop. And yes I've spoken to doctors but what if I've been misdiagnosed and have been slowly deteriorating from a terminal illness. It comes in waves, sometimes worse than others. I don't have a heart/blood condition but I heard you can die from anemia. On the brighter side, I have been eating a bit and drinking plenty of fluids but I just can't shake this sick sense of doom feeling like I'll die in my sleep or my heart/lungs will give out. It must be some kind of anxiety because the symptoms get worse when I anticipate them. (Sweating, nausea, dizziness, heart palpitations, hot flush, shaking, slight diarrhoea, wretching, weakness, heart racing, headache etc) I know I'll stop this at some point but I don't know when.  

• Edna

You have NOT been misdiagnosed and you're NOT slowly deteriorating from a terminal condition.  

Read what you wrote, and think about it. You're being  completely irrational. Seek psychiatric counseling to help you over-come your irrational panic attacks/anxiety. There's nothing physically wrong with you.

Sounds exactly like a panic attack.

Not sure what has got you fixated on anemia, that ban be detected by the simplest of blood tests of a single drop of blood.

You need to ground yourself and force some rational thinking into your head. What hard, solid evidence do you have that any of these things might happen to you?

"What if"s are NOT ALLOWED. They are not proof, they are not evidence, you make no space for them. "Maybe, possibly, could be," also banned. Unless it's cold, hard facts, you don't accept that.

If you find yourself fast breathing, put on some slow, calmer music. Breathe to the beat of that, let the rhythm slow your breathing down. Focus only on that.

And if this keeps happening, talk to someone about what's causing it. If you've got intense anxieties that are causing these attacks, you need to explore them. You're not broken or incurable. This is a very manageable problem, you just have to be honest about it and work with someone.

• Tavy

You need a couple of glasses of wine Dear some chocolates and a good movie. No one dies of anaemia, presume you have had your blood tested. You are lonely and depressed and overthinking. Try to get it into perspective and join something to get out.

I believe that it is termed arrhythmia.

Take long deep breaths...  inhale..exhale for 5- 10 minutes

and do it whenever there is an onset .

If that does not alleviate it, go to A & E/  E.R. 

You can research it online,and check out the website `Heart Matterz`

ATB.

Source(s): I had this for a few years until I actually believed this would work for me prior to which I I did pazz out - often!

Try doing some deep breathing and positive thinking.