Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Are you suppose to wash the clitoris?

A friend told me you should wash it with plain water but do I really need to? I'm fifteen and never washed it before and I've been just fine

Just so everyone knows I am indeed a girl and my friend actually said this. I have never heard of anyone doing this which is why I was confused and wanted to ask

In case if your confused I'm talking about pulling back the clitoral hood and washing the actual clitoris.

• juliet
    Favorite Answer

That is odd. The vagina itself is self cleaning. You don’t need to do a thing. You only to need to wash the outer parts, like the labia majors and your vulva.

• Kendall

You are right, Juliet- and yes, I'm qualified as an older man to answer female sexual questions in a clinical, experienced way. I just like to help people. You may be surprised by the things I know about a woman's body. I'm always learning, though so thank you for helping. -K

• Jim

Just letting soapy water run over your private area is good enough to clean your clitoris.

As hard and as fast as you want to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,why do you ask?

Yes, you dont want to smell like shrimp do you?

Yes, during a shower It makes sense to me, as part of cleaning your whole outer vaginal area. You should be able to use 2 fingers to pull back your clitoral hood, and one or 2 fingers of the other hand to apply any soapy water in the shower. Make sure to rinse well. I'm a man- I do wash my frenulum (the small bit of skin behind the head of the penis) this way, in the shower. 

• D_21

I don't know that you need to wash the clit specifically by itself. You should definitely use at least plain water, if not water and soap, to wash between your legs though. Not the internal part, obviously. Just the outside. Depending on the size of your individual clitoris it may be hiding under the clitoral hood. Perhaps she feels the need to pull that back and wash the glans head itself. I think if you've got soap suds in the area and you rinse really well (splash some water around)...probably get everything you need to.

yes wash with soap and water! And rinse well with clear water. it amazes me that moms don't teach their daughters about personal hygiene.

• Chae-won

This is so basic and kind of weird not to know,

Clearly this is written by a guy who has never seen female anatomy. A real female no matter what age wouldn't ask this

I assume when you take a shower it gets wet and clean? Then that is all you need to do.  People have very weird notions.

• Kendall

..Yes, they do Diane. Thank you, now I won't try to answer this for her. Besides, I'm an adult male, so I'm glad an educated woman is helping these people. Maybe she was thinking of the clitoral hood, and cleaning between any folds of skin..? Showering would still work for that, though.

no