Does connecting to a Hotspot change your IP address?

Hey guys, my twitter account was recently PermaBanned... I believe they ban people by tracking their IP addresses because every time I try to make a new account on my current phone, it is suspended immediately.

I recently made a new account on my old phone... If I connected my old phone to the hotspot of my “IP banned” phone, will my new Twitter account get suspended???

The hotspot acts like a network server. When you connect to it, you are given an IP address that is on the same network as the hotspot. As for Twitter, they ban you by a number of methods like email address, IP, username, device mac address, etc. By definition a working account won't be banned using the hotspot as there will be others who may use it too.

Download a free VPN they won't be able to track your IP address

• Adrian

They don't just ban by IP. They also ban by checking cookies on your devices, and possible run scripts to identify you. Many scripts can run in the browsers alone.

In some cases, like actual PCs, a script can identify things like your hardware serial numbers (like HDD serial #). For handheld devices, it may be more difficult to do so.

If your old phone is going "through" your existing, banned phone, you end up with the same IP address or identifiers as your banned phone.

The most practical way around such bans is to use a new device on a new network (like a public open wifi). Even resetting a device to factory defaults will still have the same hardware identifiers, and may not work.