Anonymous

Why are colleges just I dedicated to making students miserable and bitter as can be?

College seems like a scam. You are forced to pay all this money for a stupid useless piece of paper that everyone can get and there is not guarantee you can't the job. If you want to go to some ”precious” university you have to pay in loans and owe that back years after. The books are beyond overpriced garbage and it seems like they constantly change their books so you can keep buying another set books. A lot of colleges love to pull scams and say you didn't turn in a book and try to lie and say you owe this. It seems like the biggest scam in America. Or the way colleges work, makes it seem like a serious scam. A corrupt system. Look at the students who have bachelor degrees and still can't find a job and they are growing in student loans.

First, I'm sure no one held a gun to your head to go to college,no one forced you to pay all that money for a "useless piece of paper." You are right about there not being any guarantee about getting a job in your field of study. That's your responsibility, not theirs. And as far as the rest of your rants goes, I really doubt that you got past your first semester.

I'd say that most colleges (Trump "University" and other for-profits excepted) are dedicated to making students able to write coherent sentences, which is why you should consider attending one since most employers don't hire people who write things like "Why are colleges just I dedicated?" 

• $$$

I graduated from college, and I am self taught. I am doing whatever I can to get work. I am trying to sell myself, and this is the only way that I know of to maybe get work.

There are people who look, for jobs, and there are people who create opportunities, for themselves, or even, for other people too.

You aren't forced. You may go to college if you want to. You may stop going to college any time you feel like it.

• drip

You don’t turn in books,  you buy them. No university guarantees you get a job. As an adult that is your responsibility to find a job.   Universities give an education. That is their responsibility. 

You knew the cost before you went. No one forced you to go to a university. There are community colleges that are reasonable or a trade school.

• John

Based on your message, you must have spent a great deal of time in college.  You certainly sound as miserable and bitter as can be.  Instead of college, are you sure you weren't really locked away in some detention facility? :-)

A college degree is the price of admission to a lot of interesting and high-paying jobs. But no one is forcing you to go. You can get a job after high school, join the military or go to trade school. If you'd rather spend your life under the hood of a car instead of in an office, then go for it. The world will always need auto mechanics, plumbers, electricians and truck drivers.

• oikoσ

If you think that education is expensive, consider the cost of ignorance.

BTW, if you think that "anyone" can get that "useless piece of paper", would you buy me a Ph. D. from Harvard? I'll cover your expenses up to a dollar.

Why don't you just go to a trade school.  Cheaper and lots of jobs.   The also pay more than your 60K piece of paper. 

• DCM5150

Yes, trade schools are great and can provide a good living. Trade school doesn't pay and more (or less) than a $60k piece of paper. They also provide a piece of expensive paper (but of course not as expensive as college) 

It's obvious that YOU could benefit from some college level (or even elementary school) education in use of the English language. Come back when you can write a complete sentence that makes sense!