Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 8 months ago

How much time do you think someone should spend studying whilst at university/college?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

as much as possible University is the Last time you get to get a degree that will get you a Job in the Real-world 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

You're the one paying for it, so if you care about your investment, you'll put the work in.

• 8 months ago

This year was my first semester of college.. and after slacking so much (spent like 1.5hrs a day) I realized I need to be atleast spending 8hrs a day studying and making sure I understand everything

• 8 months ago

a minimum of 45 hours a week if you are a full time student

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

The rule of thumb when I was in school is 3 hours per week per credit hour (1 hour in class). Of course that will vary depending on difficulty of the course and your own personal style, dedication and what you consider and acceptable GPA.

• 8 months ago

Depends on the field of study. The medical field requires far more attention and devotion than a business major.

• 8 months ago

As a rule of thumb, I expected to spend as many hours doing homework as I spent in the classroom/labs. For example, I carried 15 credits more or less per term while doing my BS. So I planned to do 15 hours per week of homework overall. Seemed to have worked as I have four degrees including the PhD.

• Rain
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Depends on how you're doing in the subjects, if you're doing good I wouldn't put in a lot of time but if you start to slack or not understand then study more till you get it. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Zero. College for about 90% of those who go...is a COMPLETE waste of time, energy and money. There are tons of alternatives these days where it is possible to get educated and learn a LOT more and do so at a FRACTION of the cost and time. Much of it FREE. I am talking about internet sources, audio books, etc. Actual skills courses with TRADE SCHOOLS.

Unless you are going to be an engineer, lawyer or physician...college is a waste.

"I want to be an English major"? ummm...WHY? "I want a liberal arts degree!"...ummm WHY? "I want to major in history!"....ummm WHY?

The need for college...AT THE HUGE TUITIONS BEING CHARGED...is not there anymore.

The reason for the this: the government TOOK OVER THE STUDENT LOAN SYSTEM. Student debt is now HIGHER that CREDIT CARD DEBT!!!!

Tuitions SHOT through the ROOF when this transition took place...THANKS BILL CLINTON...you rapist asswipe!!!

I am all for learning things...and learning things EVERYDAY...just not at these ridiculous and useless institutions that cost us DEARLY.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

they usually give you a guide in the assignment briefs. I think mine was 30 hours of independent studying time per week

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

however long it takes you to understand the material. some people can "get it" right from the lecture. others have to study the books. it's up to you.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.