Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsRunning · 1 month ago

Spitting after running ?

Today my wife ran a cross country run. She runs a lot and often spits/drools after a race onto the floor or into the bushes. Today she hacked a big spit onto the ground in front of a small crowd and got a few funny looks as if this was a problem. Should I say something to her, or is it ok for her to do that?

• .

You have an odd obsession with phlegm, Jenny's/Harry. The same etiquette applies out running as anywhere else in public. Why pretend you have a wife when you commend on other people's answers in your questions, and claim that YOU are the one who spits phlegm?  

yes you should mention people were awkwardly watching

Anyone should try to be a bit more discreet about that, but it's understandable that the outdoor air, heavy breathing from exercise, etc might loosen up phlegm in particular, and few people want to swallow that if that is the case. But, maybe be a little more discreet about it, rather than with an audience.

• 1 month agoReport

I’ve spoken to her and she didn’t really seem to care, was just me and her out for a run today and she did a big loogie right before we hopped back in the car, as well as spitting multiple times when we running. Wasn’t anybody around today though