Which is grammatically correct: 1.  “Just my gal and me.” 2.  “Just my gal and I.” 3.  “Just me and my gal.” 4.  “Just I and my gal.” Thx?

I find it difficult to imagine a phrasing where the object of the word "just" can be used as a subject to a clause, so "just my gal and me" is what I would expect and which would be the "correct" form according to the rules of grammar and style employed by and/or accepted by most people.

usn;s

gorkvorjgor

• ?

It depends on the context in the sentence. If it's the subject of the verb, you say "I".  Just my gal and I are going to the pool. If it's the object of the sentence, you use "me". He gave the invitation to my gal and me.

In your context, as the answer to a question, the formally correct phrase would be "My gal and I".  However, most native speakers would probably say "My gal and me", just as when someone asks "Who is it?" we're more likely to say "It's me" than "It's I". Informal speech is different from formal academic usage. 

All 4 is correct depending on how it’s used. Compound subject and objective pronouns makes no difference which is used first or second. With that said, one is preferred over the other if it makes the sentence sound smoother. 

2 is not grammatically correct. Both objects of the predicate must agree with the verb. The verb here is assumed “to be”, since it’s not stated, so the mentions of both you and your gal must agree individually. You couldn’t say “just I”, it would have to be “just me”. So I say that both 1 and 3 are grammatically correct, but 1 sounds more official and 3 sounds more casual.

2 and 3 are grammatically correct.

• Sandy

3. It's nicer to the ear AND it was the name of a song about 60 years ago.