James asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 2 months ago

how to block pop ups?

I was on thus porn site that said would you like to allow notifacations and for some reason I clicked allow now I always get these pop ups from that site how do I stop these pop ups

Manage pop-up blocking in Chrome browser with five fundamental steps. 

1. Select "Settings" from the Chrome menu.2. Search "Pop"3. Click Site Settings.4. Click Pop-ups and redirects.5. Toggle the Pop-ups option to Blocked, or delete exceptions.

• keerok

Exit the browser, start it again but don't go to any site yet. Empty the cache, history, saved data and all since the beginning of time. Now go back to your porn and this time, don't be in a hurry to click on those popups.

I suggest you use Adblock Plus. It works!

• Adrian

Download Malwarebytes anti-malware and let it run a full scan. I will likely remove that kind of stuff.

Not sure which browser, so here's a general idea. 

Go into your browser settings and look for Notifications.  Stop notifications from that site. 

• Tommy

Clear you browser data. Cache, cookies, site data, permissions and so on. That should stop the push notifications.