Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 2 months ago

I reported a woman for bullying and her school police dept did nothing?

There is a woman who stalked, harassed, doxxed and cyberbullied numerous people launching nasty personal attacks on them on a daily basis for years. I and another individual reported her to the police department of her university and the police officer was really supportive of her. 

He was dismissive of all of the evidence that was sent to him and defended her actions saying "freedom of speech" and was even saying to her things like "haters are your biggest fans" and told her I was using a fake name when reporting her even though it's my real name. I'm so confused by why this police officer was supporting her and didn't seem bothered by anything she did. Can anyone explain why? I'm bummed by this because she's gotten away with her behaviour and all he has done is enable her.

• Laurie

Forget the university police dept. Such “police”are a sham. Report it to the REAL police... but you can report ONLY what this person did to YOU. Whatever you think she did to others is none of your business.

This is what usually happens when you "report" someone to the police. What she did is probably not strictly illegal.

• Teal

It isn't illegal to be an asshole. The police won't get involved unless she makes a credible threat of violence or attempts to incite violence against you. Her behavior may violate the university's code of conduct though, you will have to look up their specific procedure for reporting.

Some police stations are ones that disobey Laws. Do things for money or someone breaking the law more, as they also are. 

Certainly not all of them! 

Pray to GOD about this; perhaps GOD will tell you where to look next or what to do? 

• Kieth

Report it to the Deans office.