What should I do?

On November 15 I was involved in a car accident where my car is totaled. It wasn't my fault at all so the other motorist insurance send me a claim packet to sign and send back to them m. They also told me to have their tow truck driver to pick up my car with the key. All of that is done already and now I've been calling them but no answer. Even if I left them a message. Should I get an attorney if they never answer? Even though I already did all of the task so that they compensate me?

• Bort
    Favorite Answer

Yes, get an attorney. A month is long enough to wait for a result from them much less a call back. What should happen, I believe, is they should be sending you a check for the value of the totalled vehicle. Those funds are meant to replace your loss. They should also be covering a rental vehicle for you so you can get around but that might depend on whether the account holder has rental coverage on their policy.

One thing you can try before getting a lawyer and aquiring that expense is see if they have a local office and stop in.

Your accident was not even a month ago (today is 12/14/2019).

- you had an accident

- your car is totaled (by the insurance company)

- your car signed all the paperwork that you are agree with their payment amount for the car.

- when you read that paperwork, how long did it say until you get the check? 2-4 weeks?  What did the claims person say when you originally spoke with him/her?

How long has it been been since you signed and returned the paperwork?

- if it hasn't been at least 2 weeks since you did that, I don't see why they would need to return their call... there isn't much they can do to speed up the process except to tell you the check is processing.

• May

You should be patient.

There is no need to get a lawyer.  They will pick up the car soon and then get a check to you.

Are you in the USA? If so, you are required to have insurance. Unless your car is old and next to worthless you should have had comprehensive coverage. If you have that, then you should let your insurance company handle it. If you don't have comprehensive then you should have gotten a lawyer. If you already signed an insurance agreement accepting their offer and sent it in, then you're completely at their mercy now and you can kick yourself in the backside for being such an idiot. Fail.

Whether an accident is your fault or another's, you should always let your insurance company handle all the details for you - that's what you pay them for.

In this case, better late than never.

Getting an attorney would be expensive. The problem might be that you are communicating only by calling on the phone. Sometimes a written letter works better.

No.  If the other driver is at fault, his insurance will have to pay.  Find out who the insurance company is.  Call the claims manager in the home office and file a complaint.  If that does not work, contact the Insurance Department in the state where you live and file a complaint.

Source(s): Retired claims adjuster.
  • shroud

contact your insurance company, you should be able t get a rental car from a while

your insurance company will help you get everything you should

Call your insurance company.

You sound like a rapist going on to another and another where you where already token care of at home sick jack off.