Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 10 months ago

I'm a carnivore and I plan on going vegan cold turkey (no pun intended) on January 1st. What advice would you give me? ?

• Megumi

I advise you not to do such an insane thing. 

A true carnivores cannot switch to being vegan without taking supplements and actually, carnivores cannot use a computer either. You are an omnivore like all other humans.

Eat what ever you want.

As a fellow Carnivore not changing to Vegan, if you are God Speed Ease into it not cold Turkey i 'll shock your system 

You are off your bloody head going vegan lol Don't do it. Dangerous diet veganism=malnutrition and toxic pills. You will become depressed trust me

I wouldn't do it but it's your choice. Buy vegan milks pat milk and sky milk

• Louis

Going vegan overnight is not recommended. 

I am glad you have decided to go vegan. Congrats. And welcome. There is a couple of good reasons you might not want to go vegan overnight. One reason is what about all the nonvegan food in your frig, freezer, and cupboard, are you just going to throw it away?Another reason is the learning curve. There is a lot to learn about being vegan. Sending a question here is a good start but it's not enough. You should buy or borrow a book. You need to do some research if you hope to make a successful transition and stay healthy. And another reason is your gut biome. The bacteria in your large intestine is going to change when you stop eating animal products. Transitioning gradually is usually the best approach. IMHO, the very best plan is Goudreau's 30-day challenge (link in the sources). You can buy the book used at Amazon for about $10. or you can do the online course. I did it online and it was great. The Vegan Society has an app. I've never tried it but it looks good - and it's free. Link below. OR. PCRM has a 21-day Kickstart program. I have not done it but it also looks very good. It also has an app. The VeganForum.org is a nice place to talk to other vegans without having people telling you that it is a bad idea. 

Enjoy your Christmas turkey, as if you keep your new diet up it will be for the last time. I cannot imagine that tofurkey and similar products eaten by veg{etari]ans even begin to compare with the real product. In fact, I expect that the Christmas period is the no1 time for new veg[etari]ans to fail. However, if this is what you want, good luck, just do not be militant, do not try to force or shame others to follow your example, but equally do not be too disheartened by any lapses. Not unusual and you can start again, compare with a person giving up alcohol or cigarettes, who may have many lapses before finally making the break.

• Anton

Going carnivore is unhealthy for a human being.

Going herbivore is unhealthy for a human being.

Human beings are omnivore.

Your diet should be 80% to 90% vegetable and 20% to 10% animal based.

Just shoot yourself now. It will be less painful than veganism.

• Don’t go completely vegan overnight, your body will feel like hell and you probably won’t stick with it. I would suggest to give up red meat first, then over time start giving up the chicken and fish. Try going 1 day in a week without animal protein and then the next week 2 days and so on.