Kim S asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

why does occupational therapist stop working with a patient?

Please ask them thanks?

Failed mind reading remotely along with all the others.

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) Personal views cited

Maybe it's the other way around.  Maybe the patient stops working with the therapist.

Partly because insurance only covers a certain number of visits, and partly because there comes a time in your treatment where you need to take over your own therapy.  

One of the purposes of therapy is to teach you things you can do to help yourself.  You may not have the specialized equipment, but most of the exercises can be done without that.  

I recently had physical therapy for my hip, and found one exercise using a strap with loops on it to pull my leg in different directions, to be especially helpful.  The therapy office actually sold that strap, but I found the same thing online at half the price.  It reminded me of one of the Rocky movies where he has to face an opponent who had access to the best training equipment in the world.  Rocky and his trainer couldn't afford that, so they improvised with some very clever substitutes, including using a hanging side of beef for a punching bag!  Keep your mind on the goal, and do what you need to do in order to reach it.

Usually because your insurance company only covers a limited number of visits, regardless if you are better or not. That's why I look forward to the fulfillment of God's promise at Isaiah 33:24, "And no resident will say: 'I am sick.' The people dwelling in the land will be pardoned for their error." Then we will no longer need therapist of any kind.