My AA battery leaked on my gold wedding ring. Will it damage it? ?

Definitely .....That battery is SHOT , NO GOOD , and should be disposed of .

Wash it off with soap and water.

Gold coins can lay on the bottom of the ocean for hundreds of years without being damaged, so I'd say clean it off and relax.

If it did, all that would be is a stain you could easily wipe or polish off. Just wash the ring in soap and water.

That depends on the quality of the gold. 9 carat is only 37.5% gold, the rest is silver and possibly copper. That mix won't tarnish in normal everyday wear, but battery chemicals might get to it. 14 carat or higher should be ok.

• Dan

An odd question for "Maintenance and repairs" but - you're in possession of the ring, look at it...did it get damaged?

• Lôn

No, gold is very unreactive...just get it cleaned. Don't get mercury on it though (from a broken thermometer for example) as it will form an amalgam with it and ruin it.

No. Gold is pretty much resistant to acid, oxidation, and corrosion. That’s why gold costs so much. 

I was feeling a month ago I send

No.  Wipe it down with alcohol.  That is all.