does win 10 spy on it's users and collect data on them?

i keep hearing people mention that about win 10 and for that reason, im dreading moving over to windows 10....i still have a custom made windows 7 desktop computer which i don't want to part with....i plan on asking the computer tech guys at the shop to install windows 10 on another hard drive in this computer, so i have dual operating systems.

but how am i supposed to think when i hear people mention win 10 spies on its users and collects data on them???

i also heard that win 10 has many processes running in the background.

does anyone have any thoughts on these points?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favourite answer

i want you to think on this for a bit.  Do you really think that Windows has the time, people and resources to "spy" on every single person, every single computer?  No, they don't. They collect data to make updates work better.  that is all. 

• 8 months ago

windows 10 does collect info on a few things like crashes or location data

you can opt out of all data collection in windows 10 fairly easily.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Wherever you go you are spied on, there is CCTV everywhere. 

Do you have a mobile phone? They know where you are and where you have been.

3g/4g on your phone? They know where you are in real time, where you have been what you view and what you buy. 

Broadband at home? They know what you view, what you purchase, your illnesses/ailments and what time you get up and go to bed.

Win10 is the least of your worries.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.