Is there a quality difference in Sterling Silver?

I just purchased a sterling silver chain necklace for my son for Christmas. I looked on a different site and what looks and is described the same as the necklace I bought is half the price and I got mine on sale and added a coupon. Could it be a better quality in the silver where I bought it? Or just a difference in their mark up? Wondering if I should cancel my order and get the other one but afraid it won't be the same quality or something.

also I got the Sterling Silver 20 Inch and 4mm Solid Figaro Chain Necklace. This is for my15 year old son. Is this a common length for a teen guy? Also is it to lightweight and small for a guy? Thanks :)

too*

"Sterling silver" is an alloy of silver containing 92.5% by weight of silver and 7.5% by weight of other metals, usually copper. The sterling silver standard has a minimum millesimal fineness of 925.

"Fine silver" or 99.9% pure silver, is relatively soft, so silver is usually alloyed with copper to increase its hardness and strength. Sterling silver is prone to tarnishing, and elements other than copper can be used in alloys to reduce tarnishing, as well as casting porosity and firescale. Such elements include germanium, zinc, platinum, silicon, and boron. 

All over Europe and most of the world "sterling silver" is officially and legally labeled "925 silver" (from its 92.5% silver content). You'll find these numbers embossed on every jewelry item made with 925 silver. But many manufacturers emboss "925" on items that do not meet the legal standard. Especially from Asia, mainly from India. 

A jewelry item priced at less than half a "regular" price, is IMHO at least "suspect". Check the reputation and customer reviews of the vendors. There are plenty of crooks out there. Good luck! And Merry Christmas

• A.J.

Sterling silver is an alloy of silver containing 92.5% by weight of silver and 7.5% by weight of other metals, usually copper. If both are true Sterling silver, the metal is the same. Non-reputable sellers can lie about material. Weight can be different from one to the other. Any detail in workmanship could vary.

But, given profit margins, could be just the price.