Why did the Beatles and many other bands in the 60s give an uniformed appearance instead of a casual appearance?

Favorite Answer

It was a gimmic and the style of music they played , and it was a commercial enterprise their hair and clothes were copied and used by fans.

• Equaliser1 month agoReport

What is it with you guys it's your opinion . You cannot dictate to others I was there I didn't read it in a book I played the records danced bought the clothes we had record players , it's my experience not the law of the world and they liked tha answer 

The Beatles and others wore suits because that was how people dressed in the early 1960s. The Fab 4 did start a fashion trend with their mop top hair style. They started wearing bell bottomed trousers in the late 60s because that was fashionable. If you look at the movie Saturday Night Fever, filmed in the late 1970s, you will notice that even then people still wore suits. Even a low pay store clerk did so when he went to nightclubs.