Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 10 months ago

My child threw a knife in the classroom and is now expelled?

She is in secondary school and has autism and she threw a knife in the classroom.

My local authority say their are no places for schools near us

What will happen now!

Will she get a school as all the special schools are also fully booked.

It's Christmas and I've just been crying since I was told. How will she carry on her education? She is a nice kid .

13 Answers

  • Nathan
    Lv 4
    9 months ago

    Legally, she MUST be given an education. If you do not hear anything by the end of the break then call and demand that they offer a place somewhere - why did she have a knife? If it was taken during school, the school are liable for the incident because they are supposed to be the ones caring for all students and ensuring she has extra support. If it was from home, it is your fault and you may be sued due to how serious this is.

  • 10 months ago

    It's not Christmas. It's Dec. 18

  • 10 months ago

    Personally I’d go with homeschooling . Depending on how old the child is . Homeschooling and maybe seeing a therapist that specializes in autism . I feel like regular school for a child that has any mental disability or learning problem isn’t in the best interested in the child if can be avoided . Try k12 etc . Online school . Also if the child needs extra help and is able to do the work but is having trouble with a subject look in you area for a tutor . Try looking on Facebook marketplace etc or older children in the neiborhood? Maybe siblings ?.

  • 10 months ago

    dont let him go to regular school

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Katie
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

    She will be permanently excluded AND have a criminal record.

  • 10 months ago

    The Local Authority are legally obligated to find her a place, but it sounds like it might take a while. I think you should contact your MP for assistance. You can write a letter or visit their surgery. Local councillors might be another possible source of advice for you.

  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

    She WILL NOT be carrying on with her education because your daughter did something ---> VERY STUPID <---.

  • 10 months ago

    Put her on a waiting list for a special school. She may have to skip a year, but you don't have much of a choice. I don't deny that your daughter is a nice kid, but if she's throwing knives she needs special attention.

  • 10 months ago

    You can homeschool her, or hire a tutor.

  • 10 months ago

    Totally believable. How did she possess the knife

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.