Anonymous

Is it possible for someone who looks like one particular race to have biological parents of different races?

im just curious because one of my friends is full black (atleast appearance wise) but his mothers black and his fathers white. Is it possible for mixed races to appear like one particular race even though they have genes from both? 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • reme_1
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Of course. There are plenty of people who pass for white even tho they have a black parent.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It’s very unlikely for a conventional white man and conventional black woman to produce a conventional black child. If that

truly is his biological father, the father is lesser mixed with the black race. His racial makeup of not being only white would

be shown through some actual images of his most recent ancestors. Your friend probably look nearly black, not just black.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It  depends  what is more  dominant in  your  dna  simple  and  your  siblings  dna  could be  different  again depends  who  they take  after more in the family

• 1 month ago

According to your own testimony, it is.

It happens more than you know because black is the dominant gene.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

ur friend probably just took more after his black parent. i doubt he looks fully black. im guessing he looks like a lightskin black person then

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It is possible.

Ignore tentofield.Anthropologist can determine race from bones alone. Geneticists can determine race from DNA alone. The statement that there is more diversity within a race than between is patently misleading. If you look a person's alleles, it is easy to determine race, ethnic group or geographic origin with accuracy. A three year old can determine and recognizes race without difficulty. The reason our parents did this is because it is evident. It is no more difficult or controversial than determining a great Dane from a chihuahua. Nor is the fact that there isn't a sharp dividing line an issue. It's called a Cline. A perfect example is the visible spectrum of light. There's no sharp division between the colors as we name them but red is clearly distinguishable as different than green.There are race-specific illnesses and disorders that affect only particular racial group of people.Even out of Africa theory is being disputed these days and multi regional hypothesis is gaining strength. Race realism is suppressed because of marxist ideology. 

• 1 month ago

Depending on who's genes are the alpha and it seems as his mom genes are, it's a process to explain that go way beyond science but I really don't feel like staying up all night to explain just remember whoever have the higher anarchy of spiritual delinquence is to be determined the offspring genetic makeup for example like my mom light skin my dad dark skin I came out both favored, the top half of my arm dark the bottom half brown the bottom half of my torso dark the upper half brown it's an equal and even match I'm such a 50/50 offspring that people use to get into fist fights at school over an argument of which parent I facially look like, so that's just an example 

• 1 month ago

For a start, there are no biological races in humans, race is entirely a sociological concept. Children get half their DNA and therefore half their genes from each parent. The combination of genes from each parent is different from child to child unless they are identical twins. 

Many people in the USA carry genes for dark skin and light skin. There are very few "black" people in the USA who do not have some European ancestry. Similarly there are millions of "white" people who have some west African ancestry, mostly without knowing it. 

A child could get genes for dark skin from both parents and be darker skinned than either parent. Similarly a child could get genes for light skin from both parents and be lighter skinned than both parents.

I00,000 years ago we were all Africans with dark skin although we carried genes for lighter skin which became dominant as humans settled further and further from the equator. Those genes for darker skin are still around and show themselves now and then. Apparent skin colour is not a racial marker any more than hair colour, height or blood group is.

• Zirp
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

good answer, except that genes for lighter skin did not become dominant. They became more prevalent in europe

• 1 month ago

No he's probably practicing some sort of witchcraft.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.