Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 month ago

Question regarding training of Chinese flight attendants?

I've seen a lot of stories regarding how the recruitment process for cabin crew in China, specifically at China Southern, resembles a beauty pageant and focuses a lot on appearances.  My question is whether Chinese cabin crews receive the same safety training as those elsewhere.  Does the CAAC have requirements?  While there is often information publicly available regarding cabin crew training at other airlines, I can't find that for the chinese carriers.  I'm flying China Southern soon.  Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

I answered your question before. While we can debate whether flight attendants should be chosen for their looks, I see no reason to believe that attractive women can't learn the same safety procedures as everyone else. There are international requirements- and the Chinese airlines have a good record of safety.