Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 month ago

heres my 2020 prediction, trump will win the popular vote but lose the electoral vote. agreed?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

IT IS MORE LIKELY TO BE THE OTHER WAY

• Desire
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nope!! This is going to be a historical landslide election just as everything Trump touches turns to gold.

• 1 month ago

Probably not because the electoral college process benefits less populated states which tend to be conservative.

I suspect that Trump will win because of 2 major reasons:

1. Incumbant presidents are difficult to beat for several reasons including the contentious opinions of who the other party should nominate, and the name recognition and public exposure of the current president. There has only been one time since before 1950 when a political party did not hold the presidency for at least 2 terms. It was Carter followed by 2 terms of republicans (2 for Reagan and 1 for Bush senior).

2. The incumbant president is almost impossible to beat during good economic times, and the economy is spectacular right now. The democrats need to hope for an early recession but 2020 is shaping up to be a great year for the stock market. Whoever gets the next term will have to deal with a new recession.

• don
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Here is my prediction (on which I have wagered thousands of dollars already) Trump will win in an even bigger landslide than he did in '16 he will take at least 36 states.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

That's possible.........but even his electoral win was razor thin in many states. 

He lost the popular vote last time......and there's little reason to  believe he will carry the same states this time........so I don't expect him to win the electoral vote again. 

He clearly still has the solid, wild support of his base.......but he's probably lost the moderates,  and won't have the anti-Hillary hate,  even from democrats ,  to bank on this time,.  He will most likely lose both. 

• Sally
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There's no reason to think he would win the popular vote since he lost the last one by almost 3 million and he has LOST popularity since then.

• don
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

You are going to need therapy when the truth finally hits you on election day.The millions of illegals jerry brown allowed to vote in '16 will not be allowed to do it again in '20 .Trumps popularity is double what it was w/ minorities.35% among blacks 50% among hispanics.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, i dont agree. Trump wins it all.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Have you seen the group of morons running against him??  Trump will receive 325 electoral votes.

• 1 month ago

No the opposite is much more likely.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Warren will win..........

• don
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

You are going to need therapy when the truth finally hits you on election day.The millions of illegals jerry brown allowed to vote in '16 will not be allowed to do it again in '20 .Trumps popularity is double what it was w/ minorities.35% among blacks 50% among hispanics.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.