Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

How do I still look healthy?

I'm 5'9 and 119 pounds but don't look excessively skinny. My collar bones shows and so do my ribs but my spine doesn't stick out. My BMI is only 17.6, how the heck do I still look so healthy?

• Prissy
    Favorite Answer

Well,all the better for you!

You probably have a small frame, and so your BMI,while technically  is indeed rather low, is actually the correct one for you.

Do not worry. 

It means you have a higher body fat percentage or small frame, some people never look "bony". It's all about how you're built.

• Andy C

You can't look healthy, and don't worry, you are most likely not. Being fat is itself not unhealthy, and you simply have a brain more sensitive to smaller amounts of the hormone leptin.

You are most likely just as unhealthy as an obese person. At least society says that being fat is unhealthy, so they are more likely to change what is making them sick, but naturally thin people like you are the LEAST likely to make the same changes to stop being sick.

What I am talking about is metabolic syndrome and obesity is one visible sign, but not everyone who is sick gets fat.

Here's more: acne and sensitive skin (or oily skin) are also visible signs of metabolic syndrome.

IBS isn't visible, but not only fat people get it.

Poor immune health (I am no longer sick and since makng the changes, I've had upper respiratory symptoms of any virus only 2× in 3.5 years).

Hypothyroidism

Diabetes II

Eating disorders (probably don't aply 2 you, much, but do you EVR restrict calories?)

Source(s): If you care how absolutely screwed you are, read "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D, M.S.A
    • Andy C

Read the book bc it's reversible.   Diabetes II is preventable,  but not reversible (except early on).

maybe you don't have a lot of muscle or you're a small frame

• ioerr

ask a doctor how healthy you look

It’s just the way fat and muscle is distributed.

show us that sexy body cutie