Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

How do I still look healthy?

I'm 5'9 and 119 pounds but don't look excessively skinny. My collar bones shows and so do my ribs but my spine doesn't stick out. My BMI is only 17.6, how the heck do I still look so healthy?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Prissy
    Lv 4
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Well,all the better for you!

You probably have a small frame, and so your BMI,while technically  is indeed rather low, is actually the correct one for you.

Do not worry. 

• 1 month ago
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It means you have a higher body fat percentage or small frame, some people never look "bony". It's all about how you're built.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can't look healthy, and don't worry, you are most likely not. Being fat is itself not unhealthy, and you simply have a brain more sensitive to smaller amounts of the hormone leptin.

You are most likely just as unhealthy as an obese person. At least society says that being fat is unhealthy, so they are more likely to change what is making them sick, but naturally thin people like you are the LEAST likely to make the same changes to stop being sick.

What I am talking about is metabolic syndrome and obesity is one visible sign, but not everyone who is sick gets fat.

Here's more: acne and sensitive skin (or oily skin) are also visible signs of metabolic syndrome.

IBS isn't visible, but not only fat people get it.

Poor immune health (I am no longer sick and since makng the changes, I've had upper respiratory symptoms of any virus only 2× in 3.5 years).

Hypothyroidism

Diabetes II

Eating disorders (probably don't aply 2 you, much, but do you EVR restrict calories?)

Source(s): If you care how absolutely screwed you are, read "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D, M.S.A
    • Andy C
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Read the book bc it's reversible.   Diabetes II is preventable,  but not reversible (except early on).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

maybe you don't have a lot of muscle or you're a small frame

• ioerr
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

ask a doctor how healthy you look

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It’s just the way fat and muscle is distributed.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

show us that sexy body cutie

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.