Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 8 months ago

Why does my (younger) sister get easily irritated with me and everyone?

She is 12.

Also any tips?

Probably puberty and the hormonal battleground that her brain is turning into.

It may help to give a bit more info. What exactly sets her off? By irritated, do you mean angry outbursts, or annoyance and sass? The best explanation I can give you is that this is normal at her age. She is growing up and her brain is developing a lot at this stage. Teens and pre-teens very often go through a stage where everything and everyone seems to annoy, upset, or anger them for no rational reason. There’s nothing you can really do about it. Just be there for her and wait for her to grow out of it.

Now, if we’re talking more angry outbursts, or something more severe than just irritation, there may be a deeper underlying issue.