Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

What’s the best way to remove split ends without cutting?

My hair is so ruined from years of bad treatment but I want to fix it. My mom won’t let me get a pixie cut which is the only thing that would help at this point because of how high some of the split ends are. The short hair wouldn’t even look good on me anyways

Favorite Answer

There’s actually such thing as a split end trimmer . Google it . You can use it without taking any length off . There’s also a way to do it with scissors . YouTube and google need to become your best friend 

There isn't. Sorry.  Your best options include:

1. Having a minimal trim -- even if it doesn't get all of the ends.  Taking of, say an inch or even 1/2 inch, will help a little.  You can continue to do that every 8 weeks until your ends are fresh.

2.  Have someone painstakingly go through your hair and cut just the tiniest damaged tips of each hair. Back in the 1970's girls used to sit around and do this for each other because they wanted to keep their hair long.

3.  Stop doing whatever it is that you were doing to your hair.

4.  There are "masks" and "treatments" that will moisturize and temporarily make the ends look better. https://www.thezoereport.com/beauty/hair/best-spli...

• Kaz

I don't think there's one that will remove split ends without cutting them off.  You can try shampoo's and conditioners to improve the appearance, but they won't remove the splits ends.

• Jerry

There is no way to un-split a split end, no way to re-join a hair shaft that has split. It's like breaking an egg. It can be repaired. No matter how much a person may want to have long hair, if that person can't prevent split ends then that person is a poor candidate for long hair styles. If you have hair that gets split ends easily then shorter frequently trimmed hair may be the only option for hair doesn't look all scraggly and damaged due to split ends. 

Try hair treatments (masks) 

A cigarette lighter