My husband had surgery and the surgeon left a piece of wire in his lung.  Is this going to cause future problems?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Unless it was a purposeful part of the surgery (which i doubt highly) it is very possible that a piece of wire could do some damage if not taken care of after a while. Id sue that surgeon for that. You cant afford to do things like that to your patients, your job is literally to help patients get rid of a medical problem and help them recover, not leave wire in their lungs.... I hope everything works out for you guys because that is some **** luck my friend

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

find a good lawyer and sue the doctor

for millions of dollars in compensation

• 2 months ago

It's called URFO or unintended retained foreign objects after a procedure.  Any type of foreign object left inside of a patient after a procedure can cause serious physical damage and a wide range of complications for the victim of this type of malpractice.

Sharp objects, such as needles, scalpels, or even a small piece of wire can cause serious pain and significant damage with every movement. They can puncture or cut arteries, veins, and vital organs.

Talk to a medical malpractice attorney.

• 2 months ago

This is something you need to find out from his surgeon.  The wire gauge, length, type of metal, and its exact location would need to be known to predict the risks.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

This will depend on several factors ... In some cases it is not feasible to operate to withdraw. But others are essential.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.