I have to use my PC in high contrast mode, is this normal?

When I try to set at my desk and use my PC I have to use it in high contrast mode due to eye strain.

I usually do the black background and green text high contrast. It is a whole lot easier on my eyes,

I turn the high contrast off when having to work on a word document.

Is this normal?

Favorite Answer

please see your ophthalmologist [eye doctor]. this is NOT normal

Needs are all different, so just use whatever settings you find most helpful

Since your eyes and brain are unique to you (not shared with anyone else), the only reasonable answer is---what works for you seems good enough.  If not satisfactory, consult an ophthalmologist or optometrist.

Cannot judge your visual acuity or eye health history from a distance.  Also, with no idea what device you are looking at (some "PC" running some display) from an unknown distance with unknown lighting surroundings, no way to guess.

Source(s): Using computers since1962, video screens with them since 1973, computer graphics and flight simulators since 1984, computer classes college instructor, manufacturing engineer for electronics and laser optics.