Keep trying or give up? ?

I went back to school with the intention of doing my best and passing my classes with good grades. I don't know that chemistry and statistics would kick my butt so hard that I have to make a choice! I'm getting a "C" in my chem class which is also I needed to pass. My stats class has been relentless. I've got a 61% right now, and next week is finals. I'll have to do 7 online homework assignments, a second project, and then study for the final. Plus it's have to fit in some time to study chemistry. I've already enrolled in statistics for next semester guessing that I would not make it to a 2.0. 

My question is should I even try for stats anymore? I'd have 6 days to do it all! 

You cant waste time here

Get busy on homework and totally apply yourself.

Schedule a teacher conference and check on grade and let teacher know you are trying really hard, tough topic

Now get busy and put your mind and goals on passing course

Recommend you get off of Y!A and get started instead of trying to find a way out of it.

That's a tough situation. You can sandbag studying for the stats, and try to at least pound out a C in chem so you'll never have to take chem again. If you were at 57% or less in stats, I'd say do that. But, with 61% in stats, if you can get by with a D in stats, I'd say work at both of them. Not sure if your school allows someone to get by with a D in a class, but that is usually the case for it to be OK as long as that class is outside of their major. Best of luck during finals!