Homemade Alfredo sauce?

Could you share with me your recipe; I usually just use the sauce in the jar but I would like to try to make it from scratch this time thanks.

Yikes. Well the real stuff is just freshly grated parm and butter tossed together with hot pasta, salty, starchy pasta water, and freshly ground pepper. The fake but still good version is cream, butter, garlic, parmigiana, and parsley. Plus salt and pepper. You don't really need a recipe. Cook the fettuccine very al dente in very salty water. Reserve some of the water. Then melt some butter (2 tbsp, a hunk or so), bloom 1 clove grated garlic, add the cream (1 cup?). Heat it a bit so it gets steamy (not boiling) and then whisk in your freshly grated cheese. However much you want. I do a couple handfuls. Then toss in your not-quite-cooked fettuccine. Toss it a few times until it cooks a bit more in the sauce and the sauce thickens. Add freshly grated pepper and parsley. If it gets too thick, thin it out with the reserved pasta water. Keep tossing it with tongs.

Here's the one I use. The egg yolk is added to keep the sauce from "breaking" if held over heat for some time. Enjoy:

Alfredo Sauce•    1 Stick butter (8 tablespoons)•    2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced•    1 quart heavy cream•    3 egg yolks only•    2 ½  cups plus Pecorino Romano•    ¼ cup parmesan cheese•    2 Tablespoons corn starch mixed with cold water to make a slurry.DirectionsMix egg yolks with heavy cream until incorporated. Heat the butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant but not brown. Gradually add the cream and whisk until mixture begins to thicken and bubble. Add the chives, Romano and whisk to incorporate.  Add parmesan when all is smooth.  When all is smooth and incorporated, add slurry as needed to thicken.

• abdul

Recent years recipes for Alfredo have omitted the egg yolk. It was always added at the finish of the sauce back when I was a young cook. Here is a classic version;

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/12065/classic-al...

its very easy to make and only has a few ingredients. I prefer the recipe I got off line from a chef named Tyler Florence.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence...

Scroll past the recipe for the fresh pasta and directly below is the ingredient list for alfredo sauce.

• Anton

My Chicken Alfredo is one of the recipes I make when I am feeling lazy.  The sauce:

3 cloves garlic, minced

1/3 cup onion, minced (1/8" pieces)

2 tablespoons olive oil (you could use butter)

sauté for a few minutes, add:

1½ to 2 cups of heavy cream, ½ cup grated parmesan cheese

simmer until reasonably thick, just a few minutes.