Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 1 month ago

The “Find My” app is not updating to friend’s current location?

Hi. My sister went on a road trip with some coworkers and we always share our location with each other to know we made it to our destination safe. The last location the I see on her app is still on the freeway around 1:24pm. It is now 3:11pm and her location has not moved. I checked my other friend’s locations and they’re all current. However, when I check hers, it still says “Today at 1:24pm”.

I have called but no answer, but I assume if she has made it to her destination, she may be sleeping after a tiring 9hour drive.

Let me know if there’s a way to fix. Thanks in advance.

Either they turned the phone off , the battery died, or there are no cell sites nearby.

Maybe her phone died because she didn't charge the battery. Maybe they're in an area with no service.

• CB

Contact one of her co-workers to make sure everything is ok - have them put her in touch with you. 

The trouble with too much information is that when it is not working the worry levels increase geometrically. 

Not knowing what type of co-workers she is travelling with makes a better answer impossible, but if they were Carney's or lawyers or politicians, I would be very worried. 

She turned off her app.  Or changed her location setting preference.  Or ran out of battery.  Or she could not get a signal.  Or.....