Am I lazy or do I spread myself too thin?

I work full time and my grades were extremely average AGAIN this semester. Since uni my grades have been incredibly average. I’m not stupid, just tired. I need to work to support what I need to support. My professor told me I need to apply myself- but it’s not like I’m always just procrastinating. Working 40 hours a week is exhausting and by the time I get home I’m dead. What’s wrong with me? Give me some advice. Tell me what I need to hear. I don’t want to be average

If you're working full time, you're not able to apply yourself adequately to your studies.

So you need to work less in order to study more.

If you had figured out you didn't want to be average in high school you would have worked harder and gotten scholarships.  

I think it's a combination of both.

I have found that I either understand a subject or I don't.

There's no in between. If you didn't work, would you be making A's?

40 hours is a full-time job and that's a lot of hours to be working if you're in school.  Realistically, you could never work that many hours and also be a full-time student no matter what the liars on here claim.  Both working full-time and going to school full-time are both exhausting when prescribed independently of each other.

You can only effectively dedicate your whole self to one thing at a time - work or school.  Many people are forced to do both and it's a balancing act between the two.  If you're a full-time student you can only work part-time hours (max 20 per week and even that's on the higher end of the spectrum).  If you're a full-time employee you can only go to school part-time (max 2 classes per semester).  Working full-time and going to school full-time at the same time is absolutely impossible and would be a lapse in judgment on your part.  Your grades WILL suffer and you would absolutely die of exhaustion if you tried to do both.

Sometimes if your grades are suffering and you want to focus on bringing those up you gotta scrap everything else temporarily, work less hours and pull yourself up by the bootstraps, ya know?  You might have to consider working part-time for awhile until you get your grades up if your life situation can weather the income drought.

you cant work full time and study. holy crap thats way too exhausting.

You simply cannot work full time and take more than one course/week if you are enrolled in a good and demanding university.

• drip

It is obvious you can not work full time and take the amount of classes you are taking. If you want higher grades, lower the amount of credits you take per semester.

• Judy

Working 40 hours and going to classes is not average. It is above average and just remember even though your grades are suffering it all will be worth. And you will be proud because of your acheviement in the face of deversity

• Carmen

You’re human not a robot as you said you work 40 hrs weekly plus whatever else you’re doing maybe you’re taking on too much as mentioned pray over matter re-evaluate your life and situation because a wise person sees the danger and protects themselves.

You're not lazy if you're working full time. Maybe you're not putting enough effort on your assignments.